Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Journaling in Kindergarten!

We began keeping journals a few weeks ago. I feel like this journaling time in the mornings is really helping the kids learn how to think and express that thinking in writing. Some of the prompts are silly and some are about things we have been talking about in class.

We have the prompts printed on labels so the kids can grab a label and get to work writing their response. The kids have all been writing each day... some more legible than others... but all are writing!



What are some things you do at school to be helpful?
Shake hands. You could hug somebody. If somebody is sad I would give them a high five.


Tell about something that makes you smile.
I smile when somebody makes a funny face.


How do you brush your teeth?
I'm pretty sure that says "I brush my teeth in circles but not floss."
However, when it was read to me I was told that it says "I brush my teeth in circles and floss."



What is something you learned on President's Day?
I learned George Washington was the first president.



What are some things you do at school to be helpful?
I listen to the teacher. I have safe hands. Also I have safe feet.



Tell about someone you love.
I love my mom because she loves me.
(How Sweet!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio